2012-05-31

Konstfack Spring Exhibition Update III: the gentleman and the glove




On the third day of the spring exhibition, I met an old gentleman from Algeria.  He told me he liked the elongated glove and asked me what were my thoughts behind the piece.


The glove was talking about the confusion I felt during the transition period of moving; a sense of being pulled from two sides (the old and the new), and the strange feeling of being placed 'in-between'.


He looked a little surprised and after a short pause, passionately exclaimed (with a lovely French accent),


'For me, this is UNITY!' 




Then he took my hand and gently continued (again, with a lovely French accent),


'It is EGO inside you that makes you confused.' 


If I could see the world as a whole, he explained, and realise that we are all connected, I will never feel lost in this world.



...one of my most memorable encounters during the exhibition.